Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Canadian Road Trip Part 2






It's not quite heaven but it seems to be close to here. Vancouver...my town...cultural centre of the universe...lotus-land!!! It's good to be home. Since arriving here Saturday we have been quite busy visiting and doing all sorts of fun stuff. We began by visiting my Aunt and Uncle who took us out for supper to Whitespot on Kingsway in Burnaby. They also took us out to do some shopping and get some gifts for the kids that did not come with us. We visited my moms church in south Surrey and spent the afternoon looking at show homes. We also did some visiting of the beach area in Whiterock which is close to where my mom lives. That's when things got interesting after a Burlington Northern - Santa Fe train whisked by us on the promenade we heard sirens and saw that the fire department was putting out a fire at Dock's Fish and Chips. Then I'm not sure what happened but I saw two mounties run and detain then arrest a couple of young guys. I guess they won a free night at the Crowbar Motel, a colour portrait, food and drinks were included and of course one free local call. From there we went out onto the pier saw a couple seals swimming, kids crab fishing and others diving off the deck. Briefly, I relived my youth as I saw these things (but not the arrest...I've never been arrested!!!). They were part of my life having been raised here.

1 comment:

christy kuettel said...

Yikes. This happened in Whiterock? Must have been the main beach...we usually hang at Crescent Beach and it's pretty mellow there...wow.