Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Things are Certainly More Quiet



To cap off having people visiting us for four weeks we thought we would have some childlike fun. Our family along with Brittany's friend visiting from Canada, Lauren, and her local school buddy, Nicole, went to Six Flags Mexico for the day (see first picture). This is the second Six Flags that we have visited the other being in San Antonio, Texas. We had a great time trying the rides but it was a very busy place and the wait for rides was at times too long. The next day we took Lauren and her mom to the airport for their flight back to Alberta. The next day I took Ingrid to the airport in the city of Toluca and she too was Alberta Bound for meetings with lawyers, accountants, bankers and to get a few visits in with friends. Thus I'm doing the mister mom thing. Dishes, laundry, getting kids ready for school etc. Though I'm glad not to be having all the meetings that Ingrid has and though I'm glad for the calling to be a missionary in Mexico City there are times I pine for home and wish I was Alberta Bound. So until I get an opportunity to head north for a few weeks I'll just have to appreciate Paul Brandt's beautiful anthem. Enjoy the vid.

No comments: